Monday, October 1, 2012

Christmas with the Webers

Wow.

I can't believe this is our NINTH time doing this...


Anyhoo,
My RT9 album is going to be titled Christmas with the Webers.  For the first time in years, instead of telling the ol' lady to go watch Ghost Adventures on Netflix and let me work, Jenni and I will be tackling this Record Time together, holiday style!  We will be recording our own renditions of a few Christmas-time classics, as well as coining a few of our own.

Getting a full 30 minutes is going to be extremely difficult for this one, because I am going to be focusing a lot of energy on vocals.  In the past my vocals and lyrics were always an afterthought, something I left out till the last day or so.  But this time, especially since I will not be the primary singer, a LOT of time will have to be devoted to getting good vocal takes.

I don't know if any of you out there have tried to write a holiday tune before, but I have.  And its hard.  Both lyrically and melodically, I have such a hard time dialing in just the right amount of sappiness/cheese; Christmas songs seem to require a much more delicate balance than, say, love songs or whatever.  Hopefully by not thinking too much about it and just DOING it (the Record Time way!) my natural holiday cheer will lead the way.

Love,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment