Monday, October 1, 2012

Day One Recap

Howdy, fellas.

It has been a long day!  Allow me to inform you of my Record Time advances:

First of all, I picked an album title!  I would tell you, but I'm keeping it a surprise.  I think I might do my own album art this time also, but I can't yet decide.

Secondly, I have outlined some pretty specific goals.  7 songs & 20 minutes.  This is as opposed to last time - 5 songs & 13 minutes.  I would also like to be more musicky & less lyricky.  Finally, more instruments!  Today I picked up my trumpet & my alto sax, so we'll see how those guys work out.

Thirdly, I have written the first 3 or so minutes.  Maybe more.  Who knows.  I also have the lyrics written to another song but no music.  All in all, it's fairly folky, as is expected.

This is all going fairly well so far.  I'm sure that recording will be difficult.  It always is when you have no idea what you're doing & when you're using Garage Band... thankfully, I have another few days to worry about that.

Everyone blog!  I want to hear how things are going!



xoxo,

Marta

No comments:

Post a Comment