Tuesday, October 2, 2012

record time makes me want to vomit sometimes

I'm glad the blog is so active already, I love reading about what everyone else is doing!  All of the pictures of gear and recording setups are great!

I only got to put in a couple of hours yesterday, so I don't have tooo much accomplished yet, but I do have 3 or 4 songs mapped out and started.  I plan on getting much more done tonight.

There is a turning point each time, somewhere near the middle of the week, where what seemed like a hopeless pile of bad ideas and out-of-tune guitar takes suddenly starts to resemble music.  Until I reach that point I have no way to guage how well things are going.  I usually feel like quitting and crying in the corner until I reach that point.  Its a terrible feeling, really.  But once I round that corner and the album starts to take shape, its one of the greatest feelings in the world.  I hope I get to that point soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment