Friday, October 5, 2012

Things are getting hairy.

Three days left and I've only got 13 minutes of music. This is a problem. I still plan on hitting the 30 minute mark, but unfortunately, it's looking like the rest of the album will probably not sound nearly as nice as the three songs I have recorded. The songs will still be cool I think, but the production value is going to have to drop off significantly if this is to be finished on time.

As a side note, doing Record Time while working third shift is kind of crazy. I get home from work between 7-8am. This leaves me with about 4-5 hours of recording time before I need to go to bed. So, I go to bed around noon, wake up at 7-8, record for awhile, and go back to work at 11. The problem with all of this lies in this weird facet of working the third shift: your life becomes one very, very, very long day. Endless. You spend 24 years of your life going to bed when the sun is down and waking up when it's up. When you only sleep with the sun outside, the concept of a "new day" is kind of lost.

What I'm trying to say is, this album is weird as hell, very fast, and very loud, because I HAD to do it that way to keep myself awake through any of it. I hope you all like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment