Monday, October 1, 2012

End of a day's work (more like 2 hours of work)

Well, here goes round 2 of my involvement in Record Time. I have been an avid listener of Record Time since it's third incarnation and participated in one (you might know me better as the front man of the gayest duo in town, Lake Euclid). Record Time always seems to happen during the craziest times of my life and this is no exception. Full time job, part time job, renovating a house, moving into said house, being on call at said full time job.....all of that is happening this week, but I was dedicated this time to participating again.  I still don't have any recording equipment so my soul mate, David French, will be supplying those sweet, sweet mp3's of my submission.

The reason I am so dedicated this year is simply because I no longer have a band to play with :( My band has dissipated to various cities around the Midwest and so I have been NEEEEDING some musical release. It just so happens that Jimmy Zenger (my former guitarist and the front man from the critically acclaimed Oberon submission from last Record Time) is living with me for a semester. So we both have full time things going on and other craziness, but we will being blessing your ears with half thought out melodies and less thought out lyrics.

We have done a whole 2 hours of work tonight after being at our separate places of work all day (11 hours for me) and already have 5 songs all between 1/8ths and 4/8ths (1/2 for all you reductionists out there) done.

There is no concept. There is no specific style. There is no inspiration. There is only....music.

Happy Working!

2 comments:

  1. David said he wasn't doing anything for RT - the man is a liar!

    Anyway, big Lake Euclid fan here, can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this will be nothing like Lake Euclid. I am using him for his recording equipment!

    ReplyDelete