Monday, October 8, 2012

That Good Ol' 6am Feeling

So a young Dominic Glimco (Pigeon), hipped me to record time during RT8, and after seeing and hearing what it did, I decided to hop on and be a part of this suicidal process. Of course, the world then threw at me one of the busiest weeks of my my college career, what with almost 20 hours logged in the SoM Studio doing random projects and of course homecoming week.

But! Despite adversity, I wrote a little EP of 4 songs (one of which is difficult to consider that) and stayed up all night sunday recording and rough mixing them. Regrets? Wish I could have had the 7 songs I had hoped for. Wish I could have tracked more than just acoustic, keys and vox. Success was met well on the other side though - I feel I squeezed some creative juices from places that have remained untapped for awhile now (could be the 1am-6am, adderall-induced style record production) I've been a songwriter for 8 years now, and these little diddies are odd as fuck and charm me oh so much. So glad to be part of this, can't wait to hear the music from everyone else and chat a little bit.

Also, I'm already afraid to hear the amount of awesome other people were surely able to accomplish this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment