Sunday, September 30, 2012

Preemptive Strike!

Last record time was a bit of a flop for me. I didn't really have any real goals or ideas, other than to do something that was "poppy" and not like me at all. I guess I succeeded in that regard, but I just wasn't satisfied. This time around I'm not planning anything. I'm going to start by sitting down at my keyboard and just playing/recording/editing what comes out. Then I'm going to record acoustic "instruments." Instruments like wine glasses, plastic tubs, walls, spoons, etc. Basically whatever I feel makes a neat sound for the music that is evolving. I want this to be a sort of self portrait. So, I'm not going to hold anything back. Lyrics will most likely be an afterthought, if I create any at all. They're probably going to be sarcastic, dry, and sardonic. But, 100% unfiltered me.


Also, I'm going to be taking photos/video  of my new space, so I should be contributing a lot of content to the blog this go around.

Let's do this!

2 comments:

  1. Niice, Paul!

    Yeah, I think that photos/videos are a great idea for record time. That is also something I'm going to try and do more of this time. But the real question is, do you upload them to the blog as you go, like an album journal, or do you compile them all together and release them with the album at the end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning on taking pictures and posting to the blog as I go, sort of like a journal. Maybe increase the anticipation for the awesome that is sure to ensue.

    ReplyDelete