Friday, October 12, 2012

That weird aftertaste.

Every Record Time, I completely underestimate how "artistically" wiped out I am by the end of it. It doesn't matter if there was so much more that could have been written/recorded, had situations played out ideally; I just feel drained. The cool thing is not only looking back and seeing how much you've learned about the writing/recording process, but also seeing how you've grown and matured as a musician. My music isn't complicated or even overly original by any means, but the main thing Record Time has taught me is that I'm totally fine with that. Not just within the context of Record Time, but just in general. No, I'll most likely never figure out sweep picking, but as long as I can continue to get better and progress at blues-based shredding, I'm as happy as can be.

To put it simply, Record Time shows you EXACTLY how you like to express yourself, because it puts you under the gun and doesn't allow you to ruminate over a length of time, which would allow all sorts of outside influences in.

Record Time is music from the soul, buster. Dig it.

I'm unreasonably stoked to hear everyone's music.

No comments:

Post a Comment