Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 2!

Day 2 is essentially just beginning for me. I work 9am-6pm every day, with an hour drive in the morning and evening. I work out from 5am-6:30am each morning, leaving me with just a hair over an hour to write before I have to leave at 8. Them when I get home from work, I make dinner, eat dinner, then begin. So, I started tonight at about roughly 8:30.

That being said, I feel like I've accomplished a TON for the amount of time I have actually spent on RTIX. I have one song finished, sans lyrics, another one sketched out and I'm about to begin writing a third.

So far, everything is very heavy on piano. I'm going to change it up on this next one. No piano, only vocals, spoon. claps, and a plastic cup on a dry erase board (I'll take picture of the mic setup tomorrow when I record the cup and board).

This is the first RT I've actually been recording and mixing in a treated space. It's super exciting, let me tell you what. Also, this is the first major project (aside from the odd composition gig here and there) that I've gotten to use the full might of my new DAW machine.

A little bit about it...

AMD 8 core CPU a@ 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866MHz
120GB SSD drive for OS and programs
2 TB Storage



I'm still using my trusty M-box 2, but that's the next thing to go very shortly. I'm getting to the point where I need more than 2 mic inputs.

This machine handles plugins like a boss, chews sample libraries up and spits out symphonies, and pretty much runs anything you throw at it without stopping to ask questions.

Mics:

2x Fat Head II Ribbons
2x SM57
1x SM7B
1x Bluebird
1x Cloudlifter

Instruments:

Schecter Diamond Series Studio-5 Bass
Cordoba Tenor Ukulele
Custom Violin
Roland midi keyboard
Cinesamples Piano in Blue
Stormdrum 2
RA (maybe)
EWQL SO Plat (maybe)
EWQL Voices of Passion (maybe)


Drink of the night: "Healthy" Pina Colada (pureed pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango mixed with coconut rum, triple sec, and sweetened shaved coconut)

Time to get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment