Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I wish my album could be as loud as Dan's or Logan's.

I had tonight off work, so I've been working on RT IX for about 7 hours now, and at this point I have roughly 10 minutes of nearly finished music.. I'm pleased with my progress so far, but I'm having doubts about being able to pull off my original idea. First of all, while the album has some variety of sound so far, it's just varying degrees of heaviness. While this is cool, I need to take it other places. Another problem is my lyrics. So far, the riffs I've written haven't been great for putting lyrics over. I mean, I think they sound really good, but I'm a terrible lyricist to begin with, so this is extra hard. This might end up being more like my last RT submission, where the lyrics and vocals are sparse and mainly used for emphasis.

I ended up caving in and buying that EH Metal Muff today, so I re-recorded a track with it and it sounds AWESOME. Gritty as can be. The production on this album sounds really good so far, but I'm having a bit of a problem finding a balance between the bass being inaudible and booming over the kick drum. Anyway, I think I'm going to take a nap for a few hours, wait for all the neighbors to wake up, and then go back out to the motorhome for more mayhem. The track I'll be working on this morning is going rip. Headbangers, get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment